Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our most frequently asked questions! If you have additional questions please send us an email or give us a call.
What is a mountaindoodle? A mountaindoodle is the combination of a bernedoodle and a goldendoodle.
How big do mountaindoodles get? Mountaindoodles come in a variety of sizes ranging from minis to standards. Mini: 20-35lbs, Medium:35-50lbs, Standard: 50lbs and above
How do I reserve a puppy? We typically like to do a phone interview and, if possible, set up a time for you to meet the puppies. To reserve a puppy it is a $200.00 deposit which is refundable at anytime.
At what age do puppies go to their new homes? Typically our puppies leave between 10-12 weeks old.
Do you have a health guarantee? Yes, we offer a two year hereditary health guarantee. We also ask you take the puppy to your vet with two weeks of bringing the puppy home. If the puppy is not in good health, we would take the puppy back and return your purchase price.
What age do you recommend spaying/neutering? 6-12 months.
What are the temperament differences between male and female dogs? We do not recommend choosing a puppy based on sex. When choosing potential therapy/service dogs, the sex of the puppy is not considered. As long as you neuter at an early age, temperament of the individual puppy should be the deciding factor.
Are mountaindoodles hypoallergenic? Yes, like goldendoodles and bernedoodles, mountaindoodles tend to be hypoallergenic and great for those who suffer with allergies.
What Supplies do you recommend?
While we do provide a puppy starter package, below is a list of supplies that are recommend for when you take your new puppy home. Most of these products can be purchased online on amazon.com or chewy.com. If the link gives an error, clicking on "open in new window" should bring you to the site.
1. Diamond Naturals Small Breed Puppy Formula-We feed this brand of puppy food for several reasons. The puppies love the flavor and the kibbles are a small size. This brand also has built in probiotics.
2. Zesty Paws probiotics- We recommend daily probiotics and have found this to be one of the better brands on the market. The tablets are soft chews which is nice because if the puppy does not want to eat them they can be crumbled up easily and placed on top of their food.
3. Blue buffalo soft treats- These treats are great for training because they are soft, easy to chew and tasty. They are on the larger side so we recommend breaking them into pea sized treats.
4. Dog crate- We recommend a wire crate for ventilation and portability.
5. Puppy play pen- Play pens are great for containing your new puppy when you are unable to watch them. The 36 inch height is ideal because puppies can climb over a play pen that is 24 inches tall.
6. Kong toy- The Kong toy is a classic toy that puppies enjoy.
7. Adjustable collar- Puppies grow quickly . These collars are great because they are easy to adjust as the puppy grows.
8. Canned pumpkin- This is one of our favorite pantry staples. This all natural plant is fantastic for upset stomaches. We recommend giving canned pumpkin as a daily supplement.
9. Rope toy- this toy is great for teething puppies.
10. Leash- this leash is the perfect length. This leash is heavier which is great for leash training because the puppy can get used to the weight
12. Dental bones- Pet dental hygiene extremely important. These chews help to remove harmful plaques.
13. Canned food- While we do not recommend feeding canned food all of the time, we do recommend having some on hand when you bring your new puppy home. Puppies can lose their appetite when going to new environments. Adding some canned food to their dry food helps stimulate their appetite.
14. Ceasar Milan Puppy training book- This book is a great guide to training a new puppy.
15. Puppy training DVD- This training DVD is a great way for the whole family to begin the process of training.
16. Dog training- The Monks are some of the best known trainers in the world. This book contains so much helpful information. This book comes in audio version as well.
17. Canvas tote bag- These bags are fantastic for carrying young puppies around. This is a great way to take puppies into high traffic (ie, vets, pet stores) pet areas where they can easily be exposed to illnesses. These bags help to keep your new puppy safe.
18. Dog vitamins- We highly recommend a daily multivitamin. Nuvet has wonderful products and are FDA inspected. This is a great supplement to help your new puppies immune system stay strong!. The powder formula is great because it can be sprinkled onto food. Please enter the code: 73456.
19. Pee pads- These are handy to have for accidents.
20. Food and Water bowels- These stone dishes are eco friendly.
21. Dog Bed- This dog bed is soft, supportive and comfortable. Puppies like the sides because it makes them feel comfortable.
22. Doggie Bags- This is great for traveling and when in high pet areas where pet waste disposal is necessary.
23. Nyla bones-One of the safest dog toys on the market. Puppies generally love them.
24. Shampoo- Oatmeal shampoo is gentle and safe for puppies skin.
25. Conditioner- Oatmeal conditioner is gentle and safe for a puppies skin. Conditioner is helpful for keeping the doodle coat detangled and soft.
26. Brush- We recommend this brush because it detangles the doodle coat easily without pulling the hair as much.
27. ID tags- Having an identification is critical for safety.
28. Snuggle puppy- This softy stuffed puppy has a battery operated heartbeat. This helps puppies adjust to their new environment by making them feel like they are not alone in the crate.
29. Soft plush toy- puppies love to carry these types of toys around.
30. Tick prevention- Tick prevention is critical. Lyme disease can be deadly to dogs with lifelong lasting effects. It can be hard to diagnose and ticks can be easily missed on the puppy. The seresto tick collar is one of the best products for tick prevention. It is safe and effective.
31. Advantix- This is a topical tick prevention. This brand works well is easy to apply topically on a dogs skin monthly. Some people prefer this over a flea collar.
32. Ear cleaner- Doodles can have residue buildup in their ear canals. Regular ear cleaning is recommended.
© Copyright Mystical Rose Mountaindoodles